Thursday, August 26, 2010

I haven't Forgotten About You...

I know it’s been such a while since I’ve written. That’s because life has been super busy over the past few weeks. Little Marcus keeps me busy throughout the day. I won’t have any baking orders and then out of nowhere, orders come out of the blue. I start school on Monday. And did I mention that I am trying to get through my business plan to open up a cupcake shop? Yes, life has been quite busy.

I just love my boys! They are the greatest! Alvin who is 3 makes me spend more time yelling at him than I like, but near the end of the day I remember how much I love him and I try to make sure each day ends on a very good note. Marcus has developed this very silly laugh, so even though he is now into temper tantrums and demands to get his way, he still keeps me laughing.

I can’t believe that school time is here. I am taking 2 classes this semester. I am so not looking forward to it. I am worried that the time it takes to study and all will totally screw up my business. Especially being that October – December are the busy months for baking!!!!! UGH!!!!! But I do want to finish what I started and I do want to get my certificate in Early Childhood Education so I’ve got to at least get through these next few months and hopefully stay on track with baking.

As I mentioned earlier, I have decided to open up a cupcake shop. I am searching for grants now to help buy large scale items for baking designs which will definitely bring in more business for me (I can’t say what the items are yet, but they will definitely increase my business). I am also looking to market my business more than just word of mouth and Facebook – thank God for those channels!!!!! I just finished making a butterfly cake. It was my first sheet cake. Why didn’t anybody tell me that a sheet cake is 3 batches of cake batter and 4 batches of icing. My goodness that’s a lot of flour, sugar and butter!!! LOL!!!! My cousin is starting an event planning business of her own and saw my work and is going to put me down as one of her vendors! She then turned around and asked me to make 20 Buzz Lightyear cookies AND an Oreo cake! All by September 4th. I am totally not worried about the cake, but I am a bit nervous about Buzz. I hate doing faces. I don’t think it will be too much of a problem, but faces are the hardest thing for me to do. But I will get through it. I also have to do some back to school cookies and some Halloween and fall cookies. I need to get these done before the season hits and school is here and I have absolutely no time. I did make the dough already, so I’ve just got to get baking and decorating. Then there is the business plan. It’s so time consuming. I haven’t been able to touch it in I think 2 weeks. UGH!!! I hate it when time rolls by like that. I don’t like unfinished projects on my plate. It creates a pile. :-)

Today the boys’ swing was up…then it was down. The directions were so horrible that the boy’s father put the main pole on upside down. So maybe tomorrow the boys will be able to enjoy their swing.

Well, it’s 11pm and I need to get some sleep. I feel like I’m depriving myself. I am so excited about my cake and I’m not celebrating with anything…no cookies, no ice cream, no cake. What a bummer. Have to go to the grocery store tomorrow and buy some ice cream! Then I can celebrate the cake being done and the swing being up. I feel that if I don’t celebrate what I’ve done, who will?!?!?! I like to reward myself with a treat every time I do something big. I used to do it at work when I’d finish a big mailing or some big project…I’d go out for some B&R ice cream. Yummm!!! It’s a great pick-me-up and I feel great about myself when I reward myself. So I’ll celebrate tomorrow…

Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment