Saturday, August 28, 2010

Major Decisions

Over this past year, I’ve been making some major decisions in my life. I’ve been putting systems into place and laying out plans and ideas. Today I made 2 major decisions, ordering a large business purchase to boost sales for the holidays and cutting my nails. Now, cutting my nails might not seem like it’s that important, but when you’ve been growing them to look beautiful for 19 years, it is quite a big deal. To me, it is a bigger deal than the business purchase.

I LOVE the show Jon and Kate plus Eight. I tried to not get the Kate post children image – short hair, wearing the same thing all the time, but being a stay at home mom, it makes sense to fall into that rut. Who are you seeing? Where are you going? Who are you trying to impress? No one and nowhere! So why not wear the same clothes that are big baggy and comfortable…if you’re at home all day with kids, it doesn’t matter what you look like. I’ve been trying to not get to that point, but with so much going on in my life getting things done trumps looking like Kimora Lee Simmons. However, I have always kept my nails done. If I chipped one, it was fixed within 24 hours. However, since having my second son, and not having a good support group, getting my nails done is a pain in the butt chore. The last 4 months I’ve broken 3 nails. This month, I had broken 2 and was sick of it. So today I just said forget it. Nail 3 was loosing it’s acrylic so I just pulled it off and cut the nail. I then just cut them all and called it a day. So I am now nail-free. My nail beds are very sore and sensitive to hot water, but in a few days it will be okay. I can’t type for anything so I’ve got to get used to adjusting to the keyboard.

I’m in the mood to just move forward and not look back. I am taking no prisoners and if you’re in my way of progress and success, I’m rolling right over you! It is really hard to accomplish what I’m trying to do with no help. It’s frustrating and aggravating and I totally hate it at times and feel defeated at times, but I let the moment hit me, cry it out and come back stronger with an F-U attitude. I’ve been feeling like that a lot lately as I’m trying to grow my business and need to do things out of the house without carrying my 1 year old with me. If people don’t want to help me out, then when I become a success, they WILL be left behind and cut off and cut out. Don’t come back asking for help, money or a hook-up. If you couldn’t help me when I was down, then you will not be acknowledged when I’m up. Since my mother passed away, I’ve had to fight for my position in this world. Some people have brought me WAY down as I’ve tried to grow and have made me go backwards. I have lived and learned and it will NOT happen again. BUT In terms of my business, NO ONE will get in my way of being successful –unless it is myself. So here I am now, trying to move forward and not look back with my new machine soon on the way and my short haircut and my short nails. As the song goes…I will survive! And if I have to take some people out on the way…oh well! LOL!!!!!

Off I go to decorate some cookies while my babies are watching Diego.

Keep On Keepin’ On!!!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! Your situation and life sounds so familiar to mine, and like you I really don't have a lot of help, but I'm moving forward. I'm trying to go to school to pursue a BA in Counseling and I have a small business making homemade soap/spa products (bath salts, facial scrubs, etc.) I too am trying to start or pursue a cookie business. I'm practicing on decorated sugar cookies, but my main product will be oatmeal cookies and other type of select cookies, especially seasonal like fruitcake cookies & pecan cookies. It's a long process, though I feel like giving up sometimes, but some how or another the Lord won't let me. I'm keeping on keeping on. Be encouraged and never, never ever give up on your dreams-make it a reality girl, see it manifest. May God bless you and your endeavors, He'll provide you everything you need and desire. If not anybody else, God and your boys are on your side remember that. Have a good nigh.

    ReplyDelete