Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Getting Organized

First of all, did I mention I HATE THE SUMMER????

Anywho, I was very productive this morning after dropping my son off at daycare. In addition to hitting a bunch of stores, I finally bought my wall calendar - and thank goodness I did! I put in all of my baking requests for July and they are almost all on top of one another! I almost missed a critical deadline for a cupcake order for Sunday – not that it is actually my fault, the customer didn’t contact me with confirmation of my ideas for the cupcake design nor quantity of cupcakes. So I followed up with her so that I could place my cupcake topper request which was the critical part. I was finally given a quantity and ordered the toppers and the cupcakes so that is one order down.

A cookie order came through today for my godson whose birthday is coming up while he’s away at music camp. So I just ordered cookie cutters to handle that order. I PRAY that this heat wave ends soon because it is going to be awful if I have to design these cookies in 90+ degree weather!

I think I’ve figured out my first cake design. I just have to figure out pricing. I asked one of the ladies on my cookie forum what she’d charge for my idea so that I could get a ballpark figure from a professional.

And finally, I laid out my large cookie order and emailed my friend for a babysitter request so that I can get that order done with minimal interruptions by my little guy.

Thank goodness I got that calendar this morning - and for only $3!!!

My big guy had a horrible morning at school today. He cried most of the morning, slept for 3 hours and then was fine in the afternoon. I think he’ll be okay tomorrow since he settled down. He didn’t do too well with potty training at school either, but oh well. I am not going back to pull ups.

My little guy had a good day. He’s such a cutie! I think he likes having his personal time back without big brother being around so much.

Well, it’s 9pm on the nose and I’m not sleepy, but I’m too hot to stay in this room and type. So goodnight and may it be cooler for us all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment