Monday, July 5, 2010

I Hate The Summer!

I hate the summer! I can’t say it enough. I hate the hazy, hot and humid days. I hate sitting perfectly still and still sweating. I also hate having things to do and not feeling up to doing them. I am a doer and a multi-tasker so to REALLY not want to do things on my to-do list really angers me. I am very thankful that I don’t have to do any cookies or cupcakes this week. It was a 97 degree day today and it will be hot all week. Ugh!!! I have a lot of running around to do tomorrow and I already don’t feel like doing it.


The boys and I had a very low-key day today. We went to the zoo and after naptime, we played in the kiddie pool in the back yard. The boys loved it and I had fun watching them enjoy the pool and water mat. I couldn’t’ believe that my little one after about 30 minutes actually got into the pool.

Tomorrow is my older son’s first day in his new classroom as well as getting back into his normal routine. I am hoping all goes well and he makes it through the day because I have so much to get done tomorrow that it will be difficult to rush to the school to get him and handle both boys and their schedules and my tasks. He seems to be almost back to normal since the surgery which is great. Potty training wasn’t as great today. He was drinking about 3 times as much fluids today (which was a wonderful thing that he’s getting back to his old self) but it resulted in a few accidents. I was so bummed. He just doesn’t care that he’s wet and I don’t get it. So he had no rewards all day because he didn’t tell me he had to go at all. It wasn’t a good potty training day at all. I am still not going to go back to pull ups. He’s got to get it. I did go out this evening with the boys after their dinner and bath and bought the big guy some additional shorts to change into this week should he continue to have bad days at school.

Well, it’s only 9:15pm and I am ready for bed. I am calling it a night. There’s nothing on tv and I am just too hot in this house. I’m going to chill with the boys – literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment