Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today Was A Good Day

I'm extremely tired, so this will be somewhat short and sweet...


I decided that this 4th of July weekend, I would potty train my 3 year old son. He's totally familiar with the potty, he just gets so focused on what he's doing that he doesn't realize that he has to go to the bathroom. So I decided this morning that he was going to wear big boy underwear going forward. I decided to do this while he's still recuperating from having his tonsils out and ear tubes put in. He didn't handle the surgery too well, so instead of being home for only a week, he was home for about 2 weeks. But now he's doing much better, so I figured before he goes back to school, let me get him trained. Today went extremely well! He let me know a few times that he had to go and when I asked him to go he went. He was dry the whole day! I did use Oreo sticks and mini-m&m's as rewards, but they worked! I am hoping that tomorrow goes just as well...

I took my boys to the beach this afternoon and it was the perfect day...not too hot, not too breezy. For a moment, my children just quietly played independently in the sand and I just took in the moment. It was a beautiful thing. I felt such peace being with them with the sound of the ocean in the background. It was pure heaven.

On a business note, my client/friend really loved her cookies for the 4th of July. She gave one to her son right away and he loved it. As he was eating it, she let me know that if he liked it, it must be good because he doesn't eat just anything. I felt so under pressure at that moment, but I had already passed the taste test! It was a great moment. Then she asked me to make a cake for her 6th wedding anniversary. This is my first cake request. I am so nervous and excited! I just don't know what to do!

This summer is extremely important for my businesses because I need to get my name out there. With school quickly coming in the fall, I am not going to have a lot of time to promote my businesses. So the orders are actually coming in this summer and I am just overjoyed - and blessed! Usually, when I hit a good financial streak, there is a downfall just around the corner...like the saying the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...I'm really hoping that he doesn't take any of this away. I really need the income!


Now I am sitting here with a silent house. My children are sleeping hard and their father is out somewhere doing something. So I am going to join the 2 little loves of my life in their perfectly cooled air conditioned room and fall asleep before it gets too late. The lavender smell of their room after they've had a bath is so relaxing, I sometimes like to go in their rooms when their sleeping and just inhale the wonderful scent. I can't wait to get in there!


Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment